- Curriculum Vitae
William Henry Covici Propp specializes in the civilizations and languages of the ancient Near East, as well as in biblical and Judaic Studies. He gives instruction in Ancient Near Eastern History and Literature, Hebrew Bible, and modern Hebrew language and literature. He also teaches the first quarter of the Making of the Modern World (MMW) 11 for Eleanor Roosevelt College. His particular interest is applying models from cultural anthropology to the study of ancient texts.
- Water in the Wilderness: A Biblical Motif and Its Mythological Background. Harvard Semitic Monographs, 1987.
- Editor with B. Halpern and D.N. Freedman, The Hebrew Bible and Its Interpreters. Eisenbrauns, 1990.
- Editor, Studies in Hebrew and Aramaic Orthography by F.I. Andersen, A.D. Forbes, and D.N. Freedman. Eisenbrauns, 1992.
- Exodus 1-18.. Anchor Bible. Doubleday, 1998.
- Editor with R.E. Friedman, Le-David Maskil: A Birthday Tribute to David Noel Freedman. Eisenbrauns, 2004.
- Exodus 19-40. Anchor Bible. Doubleday, 2006.
- HINE 104. Sex in the Bible
- HINE 106. The Bible and the Near East - the Writings.
- HINE 111. Anthropology and the Hebrew Bible.
- HINE 112a. Great Stories from the Hebrew Bible.
- HINE 112b. Great Poems from the Hebrew Bible.
- HINE 113. Ancient Near Eastern Mythology.
- HINE 130. Introduction to the Old Testament: The Historical Books.
- HINE 131. Introduction to the Old Testament: The Poetic and Prophetic Books.